Making Music for a Lifetime
Welcome to Our Music School
Our Mission: To provide you with the best teachers and musical programs possible in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. We aim to build a community of musicians of all ages and levels who can find joy and fulfillment in making music.
No matter where you are in your musical journey, there’s a place for you at the Greater Austin Music Academy.
What makes us different?
GAMA is different than any other music school. Here are just a few of the things we offer:
- Teachers to fit your unique goals. Unlike many schools, our lessons are not “one-size-fits-all”. We strive to find the best possible teacher for you. We have teachers who specialize in lessons for children, adult beginners, advanced musicians, as well as alternative styles such as pop, rock, and jazz.
- Programs you won’t find anywhere else such as school-wide recitals, group performance classes, and visiting artist masterclasses.
- Musical Ladder System. We are the first and only school in Austin to offer the nationally acclaimed Musical Ladder System for motivation and achievement. We give our students the opportunity to earn special color wristband bracelets (kids and teens love them!), trophies AND certificates for passing musical tests. We even have a version for our many adult students!
- Locally owned and operated by a professional music teacher. Our director has over two decades of teaching experience at literally all levels and ages. This makes us uniquely suited to help you. Students and teachers often comment on the warm community feel of our school.
- Teachers who care. We hire only teachers who have years of experience and a true interest in their students.
- No contracts. Our tuition is only month to month, and our students keep coming back because they love it here!
- Online Portal and Group Classes. Have to miss a lesson? We offer more makeup options than virtually any other music school with our online portal, video makeups, and group classes.
- Free Coffee. Yes, we have free coffee!
The Best Teachers in Austin
Our faculty include advanced degree holders and seasoned performers with skills in all genres and styles. All of our teachers are experienced at working with students just like you and your children. That’s why, as a GAMA student, you can rest assured you are getting the best teacher possible.
Our students are literally all levels and ages. Our wide range of faculty lets us cater to your own individual needs. For example:
Adult Students – We are often asked if we have adult students. Yes! In fact, nearly 40 percent of our students are adults, from completely beginners on up.
Young Children – Many of our faculty are specialized instructing young children and have many years of experience in this area.
Advanced Students – GAMA has graduated many advanced students, including those who have gone on to study at major conservatories around the world.
Pop/Rock/Jazz – We have teachers who specialize in alternative styles and techniques.
We are able to offer many special opportunities to our students you can’t find anywhere else:
Performances – We offer two school-wide performances each year in a fine setting. These events are incredible fun and very exciting.
Musical Ladder System – We are the first and only school in Austin to use the national Musical Ladder System. Children and adults love the achievement and motivation this system provides.
Group Performance Classes – Our popular group performance classes are held several times a year. This allows you to play in a more intimate setting alongside a few of your fellow students and guided by one of our teachers.
Getting started is easy: we reserve an introductory lesson spot with a teacher who we think will be a great fit based on your schedule. To do this we charge a 40 dollar deposit and a one-time 25 dollar setup fee. We do not put you in our billing system until after your first lesson so that we can make sure your teacher is an ideal fit and that you would like to continue.
There are no long-term contracts at GAMA – billing is month-to-month. Our students keep coming back because they love it!
Rates for Private One-on-One Weekly Lessons with a Professional Teacher:
30 minutes: 40 dollars per lesson (billed as 160 per month)
45 minutes: 60 per lesson (billed as 240 per month)
1 hour: 75 per lesson (billed as 300 per month)