Making Music for a Lifetime
Welcome to Our Music School
Our Mission: To provide you with the best teachers and musical programs possible in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. We aim to build a community of musicians of all ages and levels who can find joy and fulfillment in making music.
No matter where you are in your musical journey, there’s a place for you at the Greater Austin Music Academy.
What makes us different?
GAMA is different than any other music school. Here are just a few of the things we offer:
- Teachers to fit your unique goals. Unlike many schools, our lessons are not “one-size-fits-all”. We strive to find the best possible teacher for you. We have teachers who specialize in lessons for children, adult beginners, advanced musicians, as well as alternative styles such as pop, rock, and jazz.
- Programs you won’t find anywhere else such as school-wide recitals, group performance classes, and visiting artist masterclasses.
- Special Awards for Accomplishments! We give our students the opportunity to earn special awards for accomplishments that you can’t find anywhere else!
- Locally owned and operated by a professional music teacher. Our director has over two decades of teaching experience at literally all levels and ages. This makes us uniquely suited to help you. Students and teachers often comment on the warm community feel of our school.
- Teachers who care. We hire only teachers who have years of experience and a true interest in their students.
- No contracts. Our tuition is only month to month, and our students keep coming back because they love it here!
- Online Portal and Group Classes. Have to miss a lesson? We offer more makeup options than virtually any other music school with our online portal, video makeups, and group classes.
- Free Coffee. Yes, we have free coffee!
The Best Teachers in Austin
Our faculty include advanced degree holders and seasoned performers with skills in all genres and styles. All of our teachers are experienced at working with students just like you and your children. That’s why, as a GAMA student, you can rest assured you are getting the best teacher possible.
Our students are literally all levels and ages. Our wide range of faculty lets us cater to your own individual needs. For example:
Adult Students – We are often asked if we have adult students. Yes! In fact, nearly 40 percent of our students are adults, from completely beginners on up.
Young Children – Many of our faculty are specialized instructing young children and have many years of experience in this area.
Advanced Students – GAMA has graduated many advanced students, including those who have gone on to study at major conservatories around the world.
Pop/Rock/Jazz – We have teachers who specialize in alternative styles and techniques.
We are able to offer many special opportunities to our students you can’t find anywhere else:
Performances – We offer two school-wide performances each year in a fine setting. These events are incredible fun and very exciting.
Musical Awards – We offer special achievement awards and our unique musical journey system with prizes and trophies.
Group Performance Classes – Our popular group performance classes are held several times a year. This allows you to play in a more intimate setting alongside a few of your fellow students and guided by one of our teachers.
Getting started is easy: we reserve an introductory lesson spot with a teacher who we think will be a great fit based on your schedule.To reserve your first lesson, we only charge the prorated first month’s tuition and a one-time 40 dollar registration fee. There are no long-term contracts, so everything is month-to-month. Our students keep coming back because they love it!
Rates for Private One-on-One Weekly Lessons with a Professional Teacher:
Your monthly tuition covers 46 lessons across the year and also includes school events such as our two yearly recitals, regular group performance classes, and musical journey awards.
30 minutes: 160 per month
45 minutes: 240 per month
1 hour: 300 per month